Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: Absolute Beginners - League :: S3 League :: Screenshots last race

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Season 16 Race 10, GT1@Kyoto National
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
englishlord
Tue Dec 03 2013, 08:36pm
Registered Member #1574
For some bizarre reason the good pace I had on the week practices dropped off at the weekend, that and Cruel Garfield's unhappy qualifying saw neither of us be as high in the grid as we expected. Which was a worry as the both fxr and fzr are better off the grid than the XRR. However, I am came into some good luck as I missed my braking on turn 1 and came in a bad angle. Luckily for me, toberkel and pou74chan came together and went through the gap at the side.

Garfield, who you can see in the background, got past me a couple of turns later. His pace was immediately good but this was because he'd put a qualy set with R2's on meaning he had 3 laps of good tyres then had to struggle tol lap 10 to pit and put on r3's.

I had quite a nice battle with tomi, which he won and then later squandered by entering the pit lane too fast.

Tomi also clipped a struggling Cruel Garfield on lap 10 as he he one more lap to get round on overheated tyres.

Cruel Garfield struggle out the last corner of lap 10 and gets clipped by Dan. Finally able to get into the pits for a long stop to fix tyres, setup and damage.

Not how the tyres should have been after just 10 laps!

The second half of my race was taken with keeping Mighpa from overtaking me. We've been fighting for the same bit of track a few times at the last past of this season. After a while, I managed to pull a bit of a gap and then toberkel managed to catch up from an earlier mistake and overtake him

I was a little disappointed with my pace but quite happy to get my best finish of the season at 10th. Cruel Garfield came in at 16th after not his happiest day on track.
Mazdarati
Tue Dec 03 2013, 08:50pm

Registered Member #89
Interesting tyre strategy from Garfield. Sometimes you have to gamble a bit, sadly in most of the cases it turns against you.
englishlord
Tue Dec 03 2013, 11:10pm
Registered Member #1574
He didn't do that on purpose haha
p0u74n
Wed Dec 04 2013, 05:28am
Registered Member #1664
Hi, sorry if I created any situations. For some wiered reasons I was laging really bad, and a lot of disconnections. Half way through qual, I restarted my pc and life became sweet, for a short time. Right at the grid, lag hit me again, and for T1 I saw daniel is sliding and couple more cars skied and some hits, That put me on panic mode, locked my tires and went for the grass to save my car from accidents. Then I found myself waiting and all other car went through t1 no problem, and almost a lap later I was disconnected.
One of those days.... Everyday typical for me.
CruelGarfield
Wed Dec 04 2013, 10:22am
Registered Member #1599
Who dares, fails. That was a motto for my race
Gutholz
Wed Dec 04 2013, 07:32pm

Registered Member #595
Nice read and pictures. Good result too despite slow fastest time, makes it more impressive really.
My race started fliptastic:

Landed on wheels and could continue but just when I had caught up...car did not accelerate anymore. Assumed out of fuel and so restarted from pit. But real cause was loose cable, could have just plugged it back in and only lost a few seconds :S Bit stupid mistake.

As expected the speed limit claimed many victims
Mondbrot
Wed Dec 04 2013, 07:34pm

Registered Member #1649
I want to add myself to the list of fail. It all started quite nice. I could get my best quali result in the season which brought me on position 10 in the grid. With some help of the good starting quality of the FXR I found myself after the first lap at position 7 behind camoradis rear pushing for P6. Then it all ended quickly when I mishifted from G3 into G1 and my engine left me with 10 kph short in the fast parts of the track. After I let go 2 more positions without any battle I shift + p in lap 4 at P9.
alex
Wed Dec 04 2013, 08:07pm
Registered Member #1623
It was a very nice race for me.. apart from minor mistakes and me being somewhat afk in the first corner, everything went quite well. Nevertheless it got real tense in the last few laps when LRK-racer was closing in on me by half a second per lap and I had to take the last corner perfectly in order to defend my position... I did

Overall it was a nice finish to a rather mixed season.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF