Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: Absolute Beginners - League :: S3 League :: Screenshots last race

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Season 15 Finale @ Kyoto Oval
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
englishlord
Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:42pm
Registered Member #1574
Well, for those who didn't realise why myself and tmack had matching skins, this race was the deciding race between us for the top of the class 3 table. So tmack designed a cup car skin and we both raced the XRT. Greekboy sparking an grid error, made for a lovely first shot though.

After a few safety cars, one which caused those who pitted on lap 20 to gain position, tmack was very ahead on the grid until a driver error and then collision with toberkel meant he caused a yellow of his own meaning that I was ahead for the first time in the race. Nice barrel roll by the way

Then, emerging from the pit from his repairs, possibly the weirdest moment of the race as he clipped the barrier and hurtled into the wall just behind me.

On the restart, I went too high on turn 2 and let him past. I further compounded the loss by making a driver error the following lap and nearly losing the back end. Leaving me far behind.

Another safety car gave me hope of challenging on the last two laps and making it a real race to the finish. I was two places behind with greekboy in between us, who would have surely slowed him down when he passed him (so I was hoping ) However, it was my turn to crash into toberkel and the skid round into Garfield and break his car.

Congrats to tmack for winning the class 3. Also to Mazda for winning the overall championship and every race he raced in! Have really enjoyed the season, thanks to everyone involved in the organising.

dragon66
Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:50pm
Registered Member #1588
I enjoyed it too!, Will get some pictures up tomorrow

I had a great race with Luca and the rest fighting for the last position on the podium

[ Edited Sun Jun 16 2013, 10:50pm ]
CruelGarfield
Mon Jun 17 2013, 12:00am
Registered Member #1599
Nice report. It's also nice to see how my racing is doing. Facing the wrong way and wrecked.
tmack
Mon Jun 17 2013, 06:46am
Registered Member #1552
nice one English, I nearly handed it to you with that rush of blood coming out of the pits, just need to sort you a team, for next season as Greg will finely be in the class
Macd
Mon Jun 17 2013, 02:28pm
Registered Member #1579
Nice report Englishlord.
Here are some pictures of crashes I was involved.

Lap 25

Lap 25, heading to the pits.

Lap 34

Lap 48.
Thanks to everybody for the season and special thanks to Mazda for driving safety car.

Btw. BF1 @ KY1 would be very interesting
Website
dragon66
Mon Jun 17 2013, 03:35pm
Registered Member #1588
Here is how my race went:

The starting grid... well quite long, crashes were sure to happen

I started 22nd

By lap 7 i was 16th

by lap 39 i was 3rd

Events on my race: (crashes etc)

No luca you cannot go in that gap

Well not 1 inch but this is close racing

Crash #1 (avoided)

crash #2 (Avoided)

In this pic is when godlike was too optimistic about a gap... he went wide and collected me from p6 to p16

Crash #3 (crashed into torbekel who... well was kinda like a barrier.... i did my best to avoid him)

Sorry if the pictures are too big... mazda if you can please resize them!

[ Edited Thu Jun 20 2013, 01:28pm ]
pmw
Mon Jun 17 2013, 04:36pm
Registered Member #1498
Here's my race.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WBw9J4q9_c
Big.Jamo
Thu Jun 20 2013, 01:47am
Registered Member #1032
Im sorry to PMW. I only just touched you & next thing I see you pointing backwards. Not sure if that was a game problem,
but I have accidently touched others before but have never seen it so bad.

Yeah the pics are huge & very poor quality, but are still enjoyable to see.

[ Edited Thu Jun 20 2013, 01:49am ]
Website
Gutholz
Thu Jun 20 2013, 03:50am

Registered Member #595
dragon66, i resized your pictures to 800 pixels and uploaded here:
http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=jfxBkHwl
but of course not edit your post so admin must replace links (or you can do yourself)
Gutholz
Thu Jun 20 2013, 05:13am

Registered Member #595
pmw puts as much bad luck as can possible fit in one video :-#

start of race
First laps gained some places from drivers who drifted in turns or other mistakes, but lost them in same way again.

My score in overall standings was -1 (4 points -5 from GTR race) so plan was to get place 20 for at least neutral result
So P19 was ok position until...

...lap 7 when Tomi collided with crashed/sliding car and got catapulted from left side to right into my path.

Made pitstop safetycar was out during pitwindow, everything went ok, even found a spot in the crowded pitlane.

Going back to track suddendly the car in front spun out and hit someone, then me. Maybe attempt to warm tires gone wrong?
Anyway, collision destroyed front suspension and had to limp around track and back into pit.
Especially bad that SC period was to end next lap.

Not a good sign if you are alone in pit with SC! At least Bingo keeps company but is also one lap ahead.

Just when getting lapped for second time, another SC period begins...

and could unlap once.

And then another SC...unlap again
By lap 40 was still at back but at least on leadlap and could watch GT3 showdown a bit.

Another big crash...

Macd doing barrelrolls down the road

P14 now, nice climb

Almost caught in crash right after last restart

P9 with 2 laps to go, much better than I had hoped so let Tomi go past and finish 10th.
My best finish I think...well it was "only" oval where luck plays a big role, bug still good end to saison.

I think SC periods worked good. (not just for me but in general)
Previous race had lots of stop/go "accordion effect" but maybe that was just because of lag.
The pitboard HUD was good too. Ony thing is the "DO NOT OVERTAKE" in pitboard should disappear faster...right after crossing s/f line. At the moment it disappears very late which is a bit confusing.
Good job admins

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF