Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: Absolute Beginners - League :: AB Racing server

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
LFS Lapper
Go to page   <<        >>  
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
Yisc[NL]
Mon Dec 04 2017, 03:35pm

Registered Member #18
LRK-racer wrote ...

It did indeed, but yesterday we had an instance of wrong penalties for the mandatory pitstop again. Unlike usually it wasn't me though, but Rob and Akulambat received a penalty. This time Rob configured the pit stop so I'm sure it was all set correctly (last time it occurred I was unsure if I did everything right).

Hmm, that worries me.
I've just made two new changes to the code used in !pwgui (because it refered to something from ages ago) and looked over the code for handing out penalties, but can't see a problem with it.
Next race be extra careful when setting a pitwindow and keep an eye on when someone gets a penalty.
Maybe some outer values are causing trouble (like PW is 3-10 and some makes a stop in lap 3 or 10, or maybe it has to do with the track and stopping before or after the actual finishline, which will then change the number of laps, making you pit outside the window, those kind of things).
Keep me posted please.
Website
Mazdarati
Tue Dec 05 2017, 05:47pm

Registered Member #89
Yisc[NL wrote ...
]
Maybe some outer values are causing trouble (like PW is 3-10 and some makes a stop in lap 3 or 10, or maybe it has to do with the track and stopping before or after the actual finishline, which will then change the number of laps, making you pit outside the window, those kind of things).
Keep me posted please.

The pitwindow was set from lap 10 to lap 20. Indeed Lambat stopped on the edge in lap 10, but so did DataFi and he did not get a penalty. I stopped in lap 17 so well within the window.

I noticed in the race statistics everyone received a penalty by 'admin' in lap 20 or 21: http://abnl.racemore.de/mpres/league/S3/5/R09/r/

Although only Akulambat and myself actually received a penalty. It's the same for the previous races.
Yisc[NL]
Tue Dec 05 2017, 05:59pm

Registered Member #18
Okay, so this one really isn't fixed yet.
I will go over the code again and maybe put in a lot of debugging to see what is happening.
Do you guys think the !connected and !pm is working as intended now?
Then I can take those two out of BETA and remove the debug-code, so that it won't clutter things too much.
Website
Mazdarati
Tue Dec 05 2017, 06:44pm

Registered Member #89
I didn't notice anything wrong with !connected or !pm, but I only used the !connected command last Sunday. Can't comment on the previous weeks.
Yisc[NL]
Tue Dec 05 2017, 07:33pm

Registered Member #18
Right, I've taken !connected and !pm out of BETA and removed any debug code (if present).
I've also taken another look at the !pwgui and !pitboard script and noticed I made an error by calling a non-existing variable in several places.
Those errors have been corrected and all AB.nl servers are now running on a new version of those scripts.

If the problem is still present after this effort, I will put in a lot of debug code to see if we can nail this bug.

Keep me posted please.
Website
Mazdarati
Sun Dec 10 2017, 08:36pm

Registered Member #89
Today again 2 drivers received a stop and go penalty, apparantly for not pitting in the window. Window was lap 10-18. RedBot stopped in lap 10, I stopped in lap 17.
Yisc[NL]
Sun Dec 10 2017, 09:02pm

Registered Member #18
Okay, time to get my huntinggear on and start looking for this bugger
Website
Yisc[NL]
Wed Dec 13 2017, 12:19pm

Registered Member #18
I've found another mistake in the !pwgui and !pitboard code (I am not in too good of a form lately) and have corrected that now. Still hoping it will solve the issue. So again, keep me posted please.
Website
akubosaan
Sun Dec 17 2017, 08:35pm
Registered Member #1494

I just realized that the table shows incorrect UTC time. (And I somehow thought that the right one is CET so, I told someone that the race started at the wrong 19:30 UTC. I really apologize about that :\)
Yisc[NL]
Sun Dec 17 2017, 09:23pm

Registered Member #18
Thanks for this report.
I've searched for and found the bug that causes the incorrect UTC time being calculated.
This bug has now been fixed and a new version of the !schedule module is now running on all of our AB.nl servers.
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF