Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
Live For Speed
Donate
If you like us, maybe you can donate a small amount to us for hosting costs etc.... :-*

Thanks!
Disclaimer
Copyright © 2007 - 2022
Absolute Beginners - League
Forthcoming Events
No forthcoming events
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

youliftyoulose
Jan 02: 06:47
Happy New Year!

Mazdarati
Jan 01: 15:43
Happy New Year everyone!

youliftyoulose
Dec 27: 00:55
Merry Christmas!

M@CI3K
Dec 24: 21:32
Merry Christmas guys!

Mazdarati
Nov 27: 12:30
I think you can join every race apart from the events which take place at the Rockingham track.

To join you just have to join the server on time. You can find the password for the server below this chatbox.

Good luck!

LordPack48
Nov 23: 14:03
Hi, I am new here, and I have some questions.
Which near races are for S2 licence and how to join them?

Mazdarati
Nov 20: 18:45
The password is below this chatbox. It is 'practice'.

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:33
when is it gonna be posted?

Immate_
Nov 20: 18:25
thanks

Typowy_Hondziarz
Nov 20: 18:13
yeah under chatbox

Absolute-Beginners Discord server
Forums
Absolute Beginners Racing League :: Forums :: Absolute Beginners - League :: S3 League :: Screenshots last race

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Season 16 Race 3. NGT@Aston Grand Touring Reversed
Moderators: winDOS, Starbert, Mazdarati, Yisc[NL], Riel, weefelly, postal, Black13, Ponty, Gutholz, Aeropunk, youliftyoulose, Mondbrot
Author Post
englishlord
Mon Sep 23 2013, 02:32pm
Registered Member #1574
Both of us CVR lads chose the XFR which was handy for me because I haven't done a UFR skin yet. Garfield got a decent qualy spot of 8th, whilst I did my usual qualy fail and was near the back. The first turn was a bit chaotic, with knistling spinning off my front left and then being booted into the sand by a juggernaut sparky.

Meanwhole Garfield had a decent start and was soon involved in a close battle with Daniel, in a bid to get on the front page report. This was frustrating for Daniel was stuck behind a slower car and pitted at the earliest opportunity meaning Garfield had the rest of the race in more freer air

I on the other hand, was feeling Daniels pain a bit as I was behind Mondbrot who whilst slower than me was quick enough and had good enough defense to keep me behind. I eventually got past but not without a clash and nearly tipping Mondbrot.

Garfield's race was a bit more straight forward but he had a near miss with [rfb] dan coming out of the pits. Just for the record, Dan you don't need to slow down and stop like that. Just go straight out and get up to speed ASAP. Cars get a yellow flag warning so they know people are coming out of the pitlane.

My race started to fail when I forgot which side the speed limiter light was and after a panicked mash of buttons got a drive through. I ended up back behind mondbrot who must have also had some sort of error and we resumed the battle. This time Gutholz was involved. Again this ended in a near identical clash in the same spot. This time I came out worst and Gutholz capitalised on two places gained.

Which he then decided to go rallying and give us back so we were back to the original situation.

Another clash occured with a braking downhill fail on my part and my car once again looks like a big kid bullying a little kid.

Garfield came through at the end with a 6th place, gaining the final place on the end straight as one of the cars that benefitted from Jamo running out of fuel after the last corner.

My last lap was scrappy as hell and I nearly lost a place to gutholz on the last corner but came through in the end for 13th place.
pmw
Mon Sep 23 2013, 02:39pm
Registered Member #1498
Last lap's fight between me and black:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoMk53mB1NA&feature=youtu.be
CruelGarfield
Mon Sep 23 2013, 02:52pm
Registered Member #1599
Really nice report, once again, bings! Action around the track.

pmw and black had some proper classy racing. Raising my hat for pmw because he really had his patience when looking place to overtake. Some other would have divebombed for quite sure. Also for black about his defence... Except for last turn. Now I also know why this weather is like this here in Finland
pmw
Mon Sep 23 2013, 06:50pm
Registered Member #1498
I don't want to try risky overtakes..would put both of us out of the track.
youliftyoulose
Mon Sep 23 2013, 06:51pm
youliftyoulose

Registered Member #643
Nice write up on Cruel Garfield's and your race Bingo. I was stepping on his tail for a few laps until I pitted.

Daniel
Gutholz
Wed Sep 25 2013, 11:54pm

Registered Member #595
pmw's video shows how fat the XFR can be

---
Start was not good for me, quantum physics teleported me onto some sandy desert planet. *-)
Back on earth had some catching up to do, accompanied by [MRc] Michal.

Eventually he was gone and I wondered if I could get back into the race.
Luckily I saw him again in pits

By then had regained at least some of the lost time and others had made mistakes so was starting to look a bit brigher.

Side by side with Bingowings through the hairpins:

Watching the Mondbrot vs Bingo fight was very entertaining so had to get a closer look:

fact: Driving XFR does make you look fat.

Had a feeling that just following might be a good idea...and indeed end of lap 13 they did get tangled up.

"englishlord" wrote ...
Which he then decided to go rallying and give us back so we were back to the original situation.
Yes, that was silly mistake by me.
Though it was not entirely my decision, I was keeping to left side to give space and honking but eventually the road ended

Appearently last lap was closer than I realized, did not expect Bingo to miss last turn like that. It should have been sure pass but somehow I did not make it, think messed up the gear shifts.

Was not really up to speed (only one lap under 3 minutes) but still an okay result.
All things considered, good race after a bad start.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF